How to Apply
Applying for one of our Scholarship Grants is a multi-step process. You must work closely with your Sponsor to ensure that you have all the required paperwork for both yourself and your Sponsor. Incomplete submission packages could result in your application not being considered by the Foundation judges. For your convenience, the application and instructions have been written in a handy, downloadable guide found here.
The things neccessary for your application include
- A statement from the applicant's sponsor attesting to the applicant’s eligibility as outlined in the 3ID Scholarship Foundation Inc.’s Purpose and By-Laws.
- A Letter of Admission or evidence of enrollment from the applicant’s university,
college, or vocational school of choice. The applicant also must have a student identification number assigned by his/her institution of higher learning.
- A letter from the applicant’s high school principal attesting to the applicant’s character if applicant
is attending or has recently graduated from high school. (If applicant is currently attending college,
please disregard this requirement.)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers concerning the applicant’s progress in current or
most recent classes or subjects.
- The applicant’s official high school or college transcript.
- Name of contact, phone number, and address of Financial Aid division in charge of accepting and assigning scholarship fund awards received from outside agencies.
- A detailed statement of the applicant’s goals after graduation, academic accomplishments, financial need, extracurricular activities (both in-school and out-of-school), community service involvement, and other activities that demonstrate personal character qualities as well as potential to succeed.
- All pages must include a two-line identification block in the upper left-hand corner, which contains your name and the title of the document (example: “Goals”).
- All pages must be numbered: numbers can be placed in the lower right-hand corner or included in the upper left-hand corner, as the third line of the identification block (example: page 1 of 3).
The applicant’s two- to four-page personal essay (double-spaced) on a subject pertaining to 3rd Infantry Division history, or to national pride, or to loyalty to the nation, or to patriotism, or on another subject of applicable importance.
- Include identification block in upper left-hand corner as described above.
- Include page numbers as described in 7b, above.
- Provide a title on your essay.
- Indicate the subject of your essay in the introductory paragraph.
- Ensure that your essay is fully developed with a beginning, middle, and end.
- Provide careful proofreading to ensure accuracy of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ensure that your essay complies with the two-page, double-spaced, mandatory minimum.
- The applicant’s reproducible photograph, attached to the application. (In the event that the applicant receives a scholarship/student aid grant, this photograph will be published, with recognition of the applicant, in The Watch on the Rhine.) Photographs that have been reproduced using a photocopier such as Xerox will not be accepted. Graduation photos are acceptable.
If you have any further questions, please contact us through the Contact page or send an email to email@example.com